Why Guardianship? The majority of UK boarding schools require all overseas pupils to have a UK guardian. A guardian should be a responsible adult living in the UK who can be there in an emergency situation on behalf of parents.
For those parents who do not have a family friend to act as guardian, then they have the opportunity of choosing an AEGIS accredited UK Guardianship Organisation such as Bright World to act in Loco Parentis for their child.
This not only satisfies the Boarding School requirements but also the UKVI guidelines and keeps international students safe while they are not in school and are unaccompanied. Bright World is accredited to Gold standard - the highest possible standard in the UK.
Basic Package for £620 per Term INC VAT
- Your Guardianship Care Manager available to you at Head Office.
- Emergency assistance for unexpected events, cancelled flights, suspension from school, illness.
- Liaising on your behalf with the school regarding exeat and half term arrangements or for unexpected situations.
- Organisation of safe and efficient airport transfers and other travel for your child within the UK.
- Your child's Buddy will visit at least twice per year, after which a full report will be uploaded to your Blink portal.
- Sourcing and checking of a suitable host family for exeats and half terms and/or in unexpected situations- exclusive use of Bright World's Host Family Selection Tool so you can help us choose your host family
- Annual enhanced DBS checks and inspections of host families and screening of drivers on your behalf.
- Your child’s Buddy will keep in touch throughout the year, calling and emailing, always on the end of the phone if they need to talk.
- 24/7 emergency phone service for students and parents.
- Privileged access to Blink, our online parent portal - see reports, manage your account, submit flight details. View host family & driver profiles.
- We usually charge £500 deposit to pay for optional extras although this can be negotiated according to your needs.
- Host family accommodation £45 per night.
- Additional Parents Evening £60 plus mileage
- Extra visit to school or host family on request £30 per hour plus mileage at 45p per mile.
- Airport transfers - price according to distance. A small administration fee of £5 added for each journey organised by Bright World to cover the cost of enhanced DBS checks and screening.
- Airport Angel service. We can collect your child from the aircraft and escort through customs or escort to aircraft on return from £85.
- Fuel allowance of 45p per mile for host families collecting the student from school.
- Mandarin Counselling and translation services £300 per year plus VAT
- Russian parent support service £200 per year plus VAT.